When life and its tribulations overwhelm you, take comfort in the words of the Bible. We have compiled the 15 best verses in the Scripture to reduce your anxiety and have the assurance of God's divine love and sovereignty over this world. The next time you feel overwhelmed by anxious thoughts, use these Bible verses to place your struggles at the feet of God and find comfort in his peace.Do not worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and prayer with thanksgiving, send your requests to God. When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears them and frees them from all their afflictions.
Because God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power, love and self-control. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.As you meditate on these verses for anxiety, practice remaining still in the presence of God and watch your anxious thoughts fade away. May these words from the Bible serve as a reminder of God's promises of peace and strength. Bible verses about worry and anxiety: Find comfort and peace through the Scriptures that promise you hope and a future.When life gets complicated, take a step back and reflect on this verse.
Think about what could be complicating your life and ask God how you can begin to simplify. Here are 15 of the best Bible verses to help you overcome anxiety:
- Psalm 55:22: “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.”
- Philippians 4:6-7: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Isaiah 41:10: “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Psalm 34:4: “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”
- Psalm 46:1-2: “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea.”
- Matthew 6:25-34: “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life... Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.
Are you not of more value than they?”
- 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”
- Psalm 56:3-4: “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise...”
- Isaiah 26:3-4: “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.”
- Romans 8:28: “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
- Psalm 94:19: “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.”
- 1 Peter 5:7: “Casting all your anxieties on him because he cares for you.”
- John 14:27: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you.
Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”
- Psalm 16:8-9: “I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken... Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.”