When life throws us a curveball, it can be difficult to stay calm and trust in God. Fear can be a powerful emotion that can take over our lives and prevent us from achieving our goals. But the Bible is full of verses that can help us overcome fear and find strength in God. Let's examine 20 verses from the Bible about fear.Psalm 107 speaks of four different groups of people from the tribe of Judah who are facing exile.
This passage speaks of those who went to the sea and, when the sea became angry and threatened to consume them, God calmed the storms and calmed the sea, guiding them to their homes.
I will strengthen youand help you; I will hold you with my just right hand. The work to which the Lord has called us is not easy and requires courage. If you feel that your nerves have prevented you from sharing your faith, check out the post “Three Tips for Overcoming the Fear of Sharing the Gospel”.
It will explain some ideas for taking a step forward in faith. For more articles on the Scriptures, see “17 Bible verses that will remind you of your identity in Christ.” When we are struggling with fear, it can be hard to know where to turn for help. Focusing on specific Bible verses can be a great way to find strength and courage in difficult times. I desperately needed to hold on to what God's word says about fear, and focusing on the Bible verses about fear made all the difference.
There are many examples in the scriptures of biblical figures who overcame fear to achieve magnificent feats.Here are 20 Bible verses that can help us overcome fear:
- Psalm 27:1: “The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?”
- Isaiah 41:10: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- 2 Timothy 1:7: “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”
- Psalm 56:3-4: “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise—in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
- Psalm 34:4: “I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.”
- Isaiah 43:1-2: “But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: ‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.'”
- Psalm 23:4: “Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
- Deuteronomy 31:6: “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Joshua 1:9: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
- Isaiah 35:4: “Say to those with fearful hearts, ‘Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance; with divine retribution he will come to save you.'”
- Psalm 118:6-7: “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me? The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies.”